[packman] SLE 11

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 18 09:04:23 CET 2013

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:04:54 +0100
Christian <chris at chaos.wwserver.net> wrote:

> Am 17.11.2013 21:20, schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> > On 17 November 2013 18:21, Christian <chris at computersalat.de> wrote:
> >> SLE_11 is 'GA' and is obsolete.
> >> so you should at least use SLE_11_SP1 to build against.
> >
> > This has been announced somewhere?
> Do you still get updates for GA? No
> have a look here:
> https://www.suse.com/de-de/documentation/sled11/book_sle_deployment/data/sec_update_nmm.html

OK, this is a fine documentation on the support cycle.
I do not know about the status of GA, but according to the SuSE website
you can buy LTSS for up to 5 years support on any SP.
I do not know, if someone really is using this, but the 5 year limit
gives (issue dates from wikipedia article)
GA: March 2014 (no sure, if applicable)
SP1: May 2015
SP2: Feb 2017
SP3: Jul 2018

And again, I do not know about the compatibility between these SP
levels.

Of course we are free to decide, if we want to go the full 5 years with
packages for SLES.

Greetings,

Stefan
--