[packman] Solved! was: Re: Something is wrong with updates

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 26 18:22:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:24:01 +0100
Peter Czanik <pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu> wrote:

> On 12/25/2013 07:56 PM, Herbert Graeber wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Am Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2013, 16:39:20 schrieb Peter Czanik:
> >> I also reported it a few days ago. It seems to me, that some new
> >> packages are built for i586 and used for fresh compiles, but are
> >> never published, but stuck somewhere in the PackMan BuildService.
> > Yes, ther had bee something wrong iwht the i586 repos.
> >
> > Meanwhile packmans OBS dispatcher is dead, so that currently
> > nothing is building at all. I don't known who can fix that and if
> > there is any hope to get it running over the christmas days :-(
>
> It seems to be fixed now, at least for the packages I use. Thanks!

It is not that simple. Since Tuesday I tried to understand the problem,
as it has _not_ been a problem with
- the publisher,
- the scheduler, or
- with an individual package like lame, twolame or libvpx.

To identify the source of the problem I stopped the dispatcher,
restarted the scheduler, the srcserver, and did _lots_ of attempts to
restart the scheduling of obviously correct builds using obs_admin.

This morning I has a closer look at your problem reports, or better,
the time when the problems started.
It turns out, that the two new (or better old) workers added on Dec
16th seem to sometime produce strangely wrong builds, like compiling
lame and not including the "Provides: libmp3lame.so.0", although the
library is included all right in the RPM. There were also several build
failed, where the build environment was not correctly set up.

I have now excluded these two machines from builds and contacted the
donor in the hope, that we can fix them and use them again.

I will have a look at the side effects (wrong builds) and rebuild these
packages. Essentials 13.1 is already fixed.
Please expect this to take one or two days, as vacation time is
"demanding" ;-)

I have 16 additional workers over the holidays (swkj0[47],
buildwk[12]), these may help to speed things up, but I have to take
them away most probably on Jan 2nd again.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas (what's left of it),

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause
Bremen