[packman] OneClick

Carl Fletcher caf4926 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 06:13:44 CET 2012

I know some of you are responsible for the Oneclick multimedia.

Just passing on a comment made in the forum:
It may of course be down to user inexperience. They were replying to the
multimedia guide I write in the forum, which is much more complete and
detailed.

The GNOME one-click doesn't install enough software to play DVDs. You
need to follow this guide manually: the one-click is missing tons of
packages specified in this guide and is, frankly, useless. =/ If you
follow the guide and install the packages manually, you'll be fine.

E.g. libdvdplay0 doesn't get installed by the one-click, nor does
gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3... just a couple omissions that looked
important to me, there's many more.

People WILL go back to Ubuntu if they don't figure this out. =(