[packman] Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] DB Schema version?!
herbert at graeber-clan.de
Fri May 25 23:26:11 CEST 2012
Am Freitag, 25. Mai 2012, 07:13:03 schrieb Leon Hewitt:
> Herbert Graeber <herbert at ...> writes:
> > Am 20.05.2012 20:47, schrieb Smartysmart34:
> > > i just upgraded my Suse 11.4 mythtv-backend with the packman-version of
> > > mythtv 0.25.
> > > Did the same for the remote Opensuse 11.4 frontend (mythtv-frontend
> > > version 0.25 from packman).
> > > Now the frontend refuses to connect to the backend because of a wrong
> > > db-Schema-version.
> > Backend and frontend are compiled together, so shouldn't be possible,
> > that they use different database schemas.
> > > The mythtv-mailinglist suggests I have NOT updated to 0.25 but master
> > > instead. Is it possible that the packman package delivers the wrong
> > > backend version providing a "too new" db schema?
> > Pascal lately has add a backported patch for unicable support. AFAIK
> > this resulted in a new database schema.
> > Neverthess frontend and backend should share the same schema version. Is
> > it possible your updates on the frontend and backend machines are of a
> > different kind, one with this patch, the other without it?
> > Herbert
> Hi Guys,
> I am in the same or similar boat to Smartysmart.
> I upgraded my backend yesterday from 0.24 to 0.25.
> i then ran"mythtvsetup" which asked to upgrade my database to 1299, this
> appeared to work fine and i was able to access the mythtvsetup menus.
> After i exited the mythtvsetup tool and try to relaunch it straight away, i
> would receive the same error as above.
> "MythTV Database has a never TV schema (1300) than expected (1299)"
> hrm, i am clueless but thought i would just share.
> I originally tried this on a new opensuse 12.1 with my DB ported across.
> but since i received the above error i tried to upgrade the DB while still
> on the original opensuse 11.4 box.
I must admit that at the moment I am a little bit clueless, because I have a
0.25 backend and several frontends working on openSUSE 12.1 (updated from
0.24) and my tries for reproducing such an error with a fresh installation on
openSUSE 11.4 in a virtual machine failed, too.
Please look wheter you have any additional hints what may be different with
your installations. I will continue to reproduce the problem.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Packman