[packman] Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] DB Schema version?!

Leon Hewitt scum73 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:13:03 CEST 2012

Herbert Graeber <herbert at ...> writes:

> Am 20.05.2012 20:47, schrieb Smartysmart34:
> > i just upgraded my Suse 11.4 mythtv-backend with the packman-version of
> > mythtv 0.25.
> > Did the same for the remote Opensuse 11.4 frontend (mythtv-frontend
> > version 0.25 from packman).
> > Now the frontend refuses to connect to the backend because of a wrong
> > db-Schema-version.
> Backend and frontend are compiled together, so shouldn't be possible,
> that they use different database schemas.
> > The mythtv-mailinglist suggests I have NOT updated to 0.25 but master
> > instead. Is it possible that the packman package delivers the wrong
> > backend version providing a "too new" db schema?
> Pascal lately has add a backported patch for unicable support. AFAIK
> this resulted in a new database schema.
>
> Neverthess frontend and backend should share the same schema version. Is
> it possible your updates on the frontend and backend machines are of a
> different kind, one with this patch, the other without it?
>
> Herbert

Hi Guys,

I am in the same or similar boat to Smartysmart.

I upgraded my backend yesterday from 0.24 to 0.25.

i then ran"mythtvsetup" which asked to upgrade my database to 1299, this
appeared to work fine and i was able to access the mythtvsetup menus.

After i exited the mythtvsetup tool and try to relaunch it straight away, i
would receive the same error as above.

"MythTV Database has a never TV schema (1300) than expected (1299)"

hrm, i am clueless but thought i would just share.

I originally tried this on a new opensuse 12.1 with my DB ported across.
but since i received the above error i tried to upgrade the DB while still on
the original opensuse 11.4 box.

Leon