[packman] Mythtv Downgrade

Smartysmart34 smartysmart34 at web.de
Mon May 21 15:53:04 CEST 2012

Hello Herbert,

I realised that some members on that list seem to prefer english so I
suggest to switch to english.

Am 21.05.2012 12:40, schrieb Herbert Graeber:
> Hallo Martin
>
> Da mythTV 0.25 bei den meisten Leuten funktioniert, unter anderem bei
> mir, solltest du eigentlich auch 0.25 benutzen können. Es gilt nur die
> Ursache für den Problem zu finden.

> Wie ich bereits in der anderen Mail schrieb, könnte es an einem Mix
> zweier verschiedener Paketreleases liegen.

I installed the complete set of packages within a 10 Minutes timeframe from
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_11.4/
So I assume they should be in sync.

>> Versuch 0.24er Pakete wieder zu installieren:
>> libmyth-0.24.so.0()(64bit), benötigt von
>> mytharchive-0_24-0.24.2-2.3.x86_64, wird von keinem Repository angeboten....
>>
>> Blöderweise habe ich aber das Paket libmyth-0_24 installiert und das
>> bringt laut Dateiliste mit: /usr/lib64/libmyth-0.24.so.0
>>
>> Ich hab ihm gesagt, er solls dennoch einspielen (gleiche Meldung kam
>> auch bei ..common, ...frontend und allen anderen Paketen).
>>
>> Wenn ich nun mythfrontend starte erscheint: Speicherzugriffsfehler...
> Was erwartest du nach den vorherigen Fehlern? Irgendwie scheint bei dir
> einiges durcheinander zu sein. Du solltest mal mit rpm -V überprüfen, ob
> deine libmyth wirklich in Ordnung ist. Ich werde heute Abend die Pakete
> überprüfen.

I tested the same in a pretty default Opensuse 11.4 VM that has not seen
packman or mythtv before. Started the VM, added packman and tried to
install mythtv 0.24. Same error. Even without going the 0.25 path before.

> xbmc ist übrigens eine Grund dafür vorläufig bei der mythTV-Version 0.24
> zu bleiben. Die Version 0.25 wird von xbmc (noch) nicht unterstützt.

I'm happy to ignore xbmc as long as the packman mythtv works with the
ubuntu one...

Am 21.05.2012 11:28, schrieb Herbert Graeber:
> Pascal lately has add a backported patch for unicable support. AFAIK
> this resulted in a new database schema.

The Unicable Patch was asked for by myself. What i was NOT aware of:
That patching Mythtv results in a new DB schema. Honestly I believe that
this is a sick concept (and I know that this has to be addressed to the
mythtv-mailinglist). I mean: Shouldn't unicable-support of the BACKEND
be somewhat transparent to the FRONTEND?
Even if we sort this out for the packman packages this would mean that
every other "standard" 0.25 frontend (like ubuntu 12.04) would still be
useless with the packman backend?!?
With that in mind I would almost opt for the Unicable patch to be rolled
back again. I know that this isn't easy to do becasue of all the other
packman users who allready upgraded. But how comes that their frontend
connects and mine doesn't?

Could this be related to the manual mythvideo-related schema-fixes I had
to do?

Regards,
Martin