[packman] [PMBS] SR 248 Essentials/lame

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Wed Jul 18 15:48:14 CEST 2012

On 15 July 2012 14:46, PMBS <pmbs at links2linux.org> wrote:
> New submit request 248 on lame by RedDwarf
> https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/248
>
> - update to 3.99.5

Given that two days later a different patch was committed and this SR
was not even rejected it seems we still have a problem with #PM-9 and
making people aware of SRs.

Anyway. About the committed version:
- The license seems to be LGPL-2.0+, no LGPL-2.1+
- lame-tgetstr.patch is kept, forcing a autoreconf call that makes the
build fail in old distributions, even if I don't think it's needed. I
don't know a lot about curses, but: When libtinfo was splitted it
wasn't done in the best way, but soon after a linker script was used
to avoid the need of patching other packages. In my SR I didn't use it
and the only difference in the result is that in <12.2 I linked
against libncurses instead of libncursesw... but since in >= 12.2 only
libtinfo is used I don't think it really matters.

SR#248 has other changes that are less important, but those two IMHO
should be fixed.