[packman] MeAndMyShadow package suggestion

Malcolm malcolm_lewis at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 25 06:50:48 CET 2012

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:40:16 +0100
edward_lii <edward_lii at zoho.com> wrote:

> Dear packman,
>
> I'm the lead developer of the open source game MeAndMyShadow.
> Recently we have released version 0.2 and started packaging it for
> various Linux distributions. Although I have made some openSUSE
> packages for it I think it would be better if the game is available
> through a more common repository than my own openSUSE Build Service
> home repository.
>
> I've read the faq on your site and it suggested sending an e-mail to
> this address. My request is if a package for meandmyshadow could be
> in the packman repository. As stated in the faq, giving a .rpm file
> isn't going to work so here's a link to the source files I used to
> build one:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=MeAndMyShadow&project=home%3AEdward_Iii
>
> There are some files there used for the deb packages, only the
> source .tar.gz and the spec file are needed for the rpm package.
>
> If you recommend me to become a maintainer for this package I fully
> understand and I'm willing to do that.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Edward Lii
Hi
You should push to the games repository on OBS, then announce on the
Factory mailing list that the games repo will be the 'devel' repo for
factory.

You then get the games people to push to Factory and it will be
in the distribution....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) Kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop