[packman] Future of PackMan?

Herbert Graeber herbert at links2linux.de
Wed Jan 11 11:43:21 CET 2012

Am 10.01.2012 18:44, schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
> [...]
> I think there was some demand (at least by Detlef) to have
> selected backports of some packages for all supported openSUSE
> releases which is a different scope than Tumbleweed and probably
> not suitable as regular updates either. I'd strongly prefer to
> have such packages were in a separate backports repo rather than
> spread through Extra, Games, and Multimedia.
No, it's not only Detlef's demand, but that of many packman users, too.
We even get many requests for packges for openSUSE Versions, that are
out of maintenance.

I fear there would be some resistance to changes here, although I would
prefer to do packaging similar to openSUSE:Contrib with freezing the
repo with each openSUSE release, too.

Herbert