[packman] xine broken

Smartysmart34 smartysmart34 at web.de
Sat Jan 7 21:03:59 CET 2012

Hi all,

I installed a bunch of updates today (about 65) with the majority coming
from packman (xine, vlc, gstreamer...)
Unfortunately, xine is now broken. None of my files plays right now, the
progress bar runs through a 2 hour video in about 15 seconds and when
starting to play i receive:

"Der Datenstrom '/path to file...'

Video Codec: DivX 5 (DX50)
(null)
Start playing anyway?
<YES>	<No>"

No aborts playing obviously,
Yes runs through the video in 15 secs without showing anything.

Is this a widely known issue or just on my system?

Cheers,
Martin

P.S.:
The whole OBS / Packman issue and the decreasing quality of repos in
general makes me want to change distros..... Just afraid of the bunch of
work it causes....