[packman] TuxGuitar no startup

Willem Franssen willemfranssen at planet.nl
Fri Feb 24 01:28:24 CET 2012

    Since the OBS-rubbish I'm not sure anymore this error message should
    be addressed to the good old Packman-team.
    Nevertheless, TuxGuitar can't startup in OpenSUSE 12.1+KDE 4.7.2. Error:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not
    load SWT library. Reasons:
             no swt-gtk-3730 in java.library.path
             no swt-gtk in java.library.path
             Can't load library:
    /home/Wimmie/.swt/lib/linux/x86/libswt-gtk-3730.so
             Can't load library:
    /home/Wimmie/.swt/lib/linux/x86/libswt-gtk.so

             at
    org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:284)
             at
    org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:193)
             at org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:21)
             at
    org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
             at
    org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
             at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:132)
             at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.displayGUI(Unknown Source)
             at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain.main(Unknown Source)

    Besides that: is there anyone who can tell me to whom or tho what I
    can address my heavy complaints about the OpenSUSE OBS? Imho there
    are too many packages yet that do not work properly, or even not at
    all. For instance WinFF doesn't work (access violation). In the OBS
    there are many different packages for the Suse standard distro, but
    these WinFF versions are all different, from different builders
    and/or packagers. They seem to think: dear enduser suit yourself.
    But actually none of these WinFF versions works.
      In the meantime I have too many of this kind of examples to
    consider the OBS seriously anylonger. I get the impression OBS is a
    hobbyplace where different people are messing around with the same
    packages with the result applications can no longer be compiled
    unambiguously.

    In the good old Packman times I never had this kind of problems.
    Most things just worked and if there was a problem I could send a
    debuginfo and - if possible - I got a solution in a proper and
    polite way.

    OBS in this concept is not userfriendly. It's just a mess!

    I'm longing for the old Packman times.

    Very kind regards,
    Willem Franssen