[packman] Bugtracker for Packman

Peter Linnell mrdocs at opensuse.org
Thu Apr 19 04:20:18 CEST 2012

On 04/18/2012 04:28 PM, packman-request at links2linux.de wrote:
> Re: [packman] Bugtracker for Packman

We have used Mantis in Scribus since 0.16 days and in general its OK.

It's continuously and actively maintained. We've never had a data loss
and upgrading/maintenance is definitely not difficult.

We chose it as it is something someone who has never seen a bug tracker
can work with. IOW, mere mortals can use it. Mostly, because our end
users are a very different audience from developers. Most would run
screaming from bugzilla and trac.

We use jira at work and its quite nice and powerful. The dashboards
which can customize are great for understanding your assigned bugs and
recent activities. I'll ask at work tomorrow how maintenance is for jira.

Just my $0.02 from using them.

Cheers,
Peter