[packman] Bugtracker for Packman

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Thu Apr 19 01:14:44 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-19 00:00:28 (+0200), Manfred Tremmel <manfred at links2linux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 17:49:46 schrieb Pascal Bleser:

> > I did a quick set up of an instance of JIRA and one of Bugzilla:
> > - Bugzilla: http://pmbs.links2linux.org:9999/
> > - JIRA: http://pmbs.links2linux.org:8888/

> I don't dislike JIRA, but a proprietary system for a free and open
> system like openSUSE is a total no-go for me.

Well, bugzilla is pretty poor compared to JIRA, e.g. the
interface, the search abilities, the configuration options
(although probably not much needed, at least for us).

But, arguably, we don't really need many features.

And JIRA is good enough for open source organizations such as
Apache and JBoss.

To simplify, in essence, it's:
* JIRA is vastly superior in terms of features, interface,
  capabilities, etc...
* bugzilla is superior in terms of... um... principles

On a side note, there are a few other options such as Redmine,
Trac, Mantis but they either don't really provide a better
solution (Mantis) or are quite annoying to install and maintain
(Trac, Redmine).

[...]

cheers
--