[packman] Bugtracker for Packman

Mariusz Fik fisiu82 at jabster.pl
Tue Apr 17 21:46:34 CEST 2012

Dnia wtorek, 17 kwietnia 2012 17:49:46 Pascal Bleser pisze:
> Something I wished for since several years, a bugtracker for
> Packman, in order to be able to handle bugs and todos a lot
> better than just having a mailing-list where, frankly, I miss at
> least half the issues and where it is a bit more difficult to
> assign things to people and keep track of what's to do and
> what's done. Well, in essence, bugtrackers have been invented
> for that purpose.
>
> I did a quick set up of an instance of JIRA and one of Bugzilla:
> - Bugzilla: http://pmbs.links2linux.org:9999/
> - JIRA: http://pmbs.links2linux.org:8888/
>
> Note that while JIRA is a proprietary system, it is free for
> open source projects (I still have to request an open source
> license if we chose to use JIRA though). It is used by some
> large FOSS projects around the globe (because it's probably the
> best bugtracker out there), e.g. all the apache.org projects.
>
> Have a look, and please give me opinions, then I'll finalize and
> will look for a proper place to host it (pmbs.links2linux.org is
> already under pretty heavy load all the time as it runs the OBS
> scheduler). I'll prolly put it on opensu.se instead.
>
> Note that for both, you have to create users, which you can on
> your own without the need for an admin to step in. It is not
> connected to any SSO such as Novell's, which is both good and
> bad, but nothing we can change anyway as it is not accessible
> outside opensuse.org (well, SUSE and Novell operating centers,
> actually). Yeah, a more global opensuse.org identity management
> would be sweet... sigh.
>
> cheers

Jira has nice option for dashboard customization. It's really neat ;)
After login we can see in 'one-shoot' what is going on with our bugs, about
changes in roadmaps, votes, comments, etc. I really like it.
If field customization for bug entry is possible (I bet it is) I vote for jira
as our bts.
--
Pozdrawiam / Best regards,
Mariusz Fik