[packman] vlc 2.0

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:27:03 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Cristian Morales Vega
<reddwarf at opensuse.org> wrote:
> On 5 April 2012 08:16, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org> wrote:
>> Hence I had to package a few things only for SLE_11, SLE-11-SP2,
>> and sometimes for Evergreen_11.1 or 11.2 in order to have all
>> the dependencies (those packages are named libxxx-for-sle or
>> libxxx-for-older-than-11.4, etc... in Essentials).
>
> libmatroska-for-older-than-11.4, libebml-for-older-than-11.4,
> lash-for-sle and fluidsynth-for-sle were building against *every*
> version. I disabled the build to what I understood the name meant
> ("older-than-11.4" includes both SLE_11 and SLE-11-SP2?) and wiped the
> binaries.
>
> Unrelated... why are we building against both SLE_11 and SLE-11-SP2?
> Every binary compiled against SLE_11 should work with SLE-11-SP2.

I am going to be out of town for the weekend,  but I submitted an
updated version of phone-backend-vlc with the latest version:

http://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/175

There were some build errors for openSUSE 12.1.  I think I fixed them,
but with vlc no longer working I cannot test the build, so there may
still be build errors.  If the new version of the backend is not in
the repo by tuesday when I get back I will take another look.

-Todd