[packman] Arista not working in opensuse, plugin missing

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Wed Apr 4 19:27:18 CEST 2012

On 3 April 2012 15:54, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I am monitoring both the bugs and will provide any info if needed.

I guess more people will find this here...

To make it work you must edit the file ~/.arista/presets/android.json
changing, in line 243:

                    "bitrate=131072 profile=LC"

for

                    "bitrate=131072 ! audio/mpeg, base-profile=lc"

This will fix the "Android DroidX" preset. Do the same for the "Galaxy
Tab" and any other preset needed.

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to release an official update
fixing the scripts since
a) The presets from http://www.transcoder.org/presets/ would still fail anyway
b) It would only fix new installations, not updates, since arista
copies the presets to the user home directory and doesn't update them
with the new software updates.