[packman] [PM] k3b 2.0.2-1.pm.2.2 (openSUSE 11.2/x86_64)

Frank Steiner frank.steiner at ifi.lmu.de
Tue May 17 14:29:13 CEST 2011

Hi Pascal.

I read your blog entry about Packman for SLE 11 SP1 and I was indeed
very happy that I could replace almost all my downloads from packman
that I did for openSuSE 11.2 by SLE_11 packages for our SLED desktops.

Thanks for opening this repository!

This is especially important after openSuSE 11.2 was discontinued and
many of the 11.3 packages cannot be installed on SLED 11 SP1 due to missing
libraries.

The only package we failed with for our SLED desktops is k3b. It has no
SLE_11 version and the 11.3 version fails on SLED 11 SP1 due to wrong
kdebase4-runtime etc. packages.

Is there a chance that instead of just dropping the 11.2 versions (as
you will surely do at some time) some of the packages could be moved
to the SLE_11 repository? SLED 11 SP1 and openSuSE 11.2 are almost 100%
compatible so that packages that you built for 11.2 so far should build
on SLE_11 without changes.

Even if this is beyond your resources that you can spend for the SLE_11
repository let me thank you again for setting it up the packages it already
has :-)

cu,
Frank

--