[packman] openshot 1.3.0-0pm-7.1 for openSUSE 11.3

Eric eriic1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 8 03:36:12 CET 2011

Hello,

It seems that the openshot version 1.3.0-0pm-7.1 requires a dependance
of python-httplib2 in order to launch successfully with openSUSE 11.3.
I do not know if this is a bug in the packaging but Yast does not
complain if it is not installed and openshot will not successfully
launch without it.

The error message I was getting when launching openshot from the command
line prior to installing python-httplib2 was:

   OpenShot (version 1.3.0)
Error:  OpenShot has not been installed in the Python path.
(Both the site-packages and /usr/share/openshot folders were checked)

Use the following command to install OpenShot:
  $ sudo python setup.py install

It works now with the missing dependency installed.

Kind regards,

Eric