[packman] libsndfile

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Sat Mar 5 09:23:43 CET 2011

On 2011-03-05 09:12:42 (+0100), Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69 at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Why should it be in Multimedia? It's in Essentials:
> http://packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/openSUSE_11.3/Essentials/x86_64/
> In fact... why should it be in Packman? openSUSE already comes with
> libsndfile 1.0.20.

Yes, indeed, except Evergreen_11.1 and SLE_11.
Right now, in Essentials, it's a _link to multimedia:libs on
OBS.

It's a bit sensitive because a lot of packages depend on it:
   MPlayer
   bs2b
   fluidsynth
   gstreamer010-bml
   gstreamer010-buzztard
   gstreamer010-plugins-bad
   gstreamer010-plugins-bad-0.10.19
   gstreamer010-plugins-good
   gstreamer010-plugins-good-0.10.24
   k3b
   ladspa-pvoc
   lame
   libbluray
   libcaca
   libquicktime
   mpg123
   openal-soft
   phonon-backend-vlc
   projectM-pulseaudio
   smplayer
   taglib-extras
   twolaame
   vlc
   xine-lib

I'd say that, right now, it's too sensitive to muck around with
it but yeah, there is most probably no need for it to be in
Essentials (except maybe for Evergreen and SLE). Would have to
check whether multimedia:libs/libsndfile differs from the
package that ships with openSUSE in any way.
TBH it's not on the top of my TODO list right now, but thanks
for noticing :)

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser