[packman] Mediatomb broken on openSUSE

HG hg.list at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:36:01 CEST 2011

Hi Manfred!

I've been using the mediatomb on my openSUSE 11.3 for some time now.
Thanks for the built!
However, I recently updated it to 0.12.1-0.pm.4.2 that seems to be
broken somehow. I noticed from YaST that it is this time built by you
(not Toni as previously).

So, I've updated the Mediatomb through YaST. I actually updated it
just another time. The change log doesn't show 2 updates, but only
one. I think there were two, but I'm not sure. Anyways. the mediatomb
doesn't seem to start anymore. YaST says it's running and YaST can
start and stop it. However, even when YaST says it's running, it
cannot be reached from port 50500 nor is it accessible from any device
in the net (PS3 mainly). From command line, it's strange. Here is what
happens...
loota:/etc/mediatomb # less /usr/sbin/rcmediatomb
loota:/etc/mediatomb # less /usr/sbin/rcmediatomb
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/mediatomb status
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/mediatomb start
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/mediatomb stop
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/mediatomb start
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/mediatomb start
loota:/etc/mediatomb # /etc/rc.d/sshd status
Checking for service sshd                                            running
loota:/etc/mediatomb #

In other words, the script that used to reply "done" after start/stop
or say "running" after status query, seems to be quiet.
I don't know what has happened. I haven't changed any of the settings,
I only remove all video and add all video content when there is
something new to add (remove+readd because the incremental adding
doesn't understand the directories for video).
There is nothing in the /var/log/mediatomb. I mean nothing. No lines
come there whether starting it from command line or YaST. Last entry
there is from 2011-07-17 which is when I think I updated it the first
time.

Do you have any ideas what could have been broken in the update?

--
HG.