[packman] Packman Digest, Vol 97, Issue 9

Easgs Soto easgs at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 18:44:42 CEST 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:05:15 +0200
> From: Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl>
> Subject: Re: [packman] Missing programs for openSUSE 11.4 in packman
> 	repo
> To: packman at links2linux.de
> Cc: Easgs Soto <easgs at hotmail.com>
>
> Dnia pi?tek, 15 lipca 2011 o 19:25:50 Easgs Soto napisa?(a):
> > Hi, there are some programs that are missing in the packman repo for
> > openSUSE 11.4 these are:
> >

> > PACPL
> TODO
> > Acetoneiso
> is in KDE:Extra repository
> > furiusisomount
> TODO
> > kdvdcreator
> TODO
> > soundconverter
> TODO
> > DVD2xvid
> website is down, is it still maintained upstream?
> > Soundreced
> >
> > recordmydesktop
> is in Contrib repository
> >

> > will this programs be discontinued in the packman repo?
> >

> > http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/multimedia/46286
> > 7-missing-programs-packman-repo.html
> >

> > thanks

The program Perl audio converter (PACPL) has been added, thanks a lot for that, I know that there are some of the listed programs in other repos, the problem is that in the opensuse forum it is recommended to enable the lesser repos as possible to avoid conflicts between packages, I think that the most needed programs pending are acetoneiso2 and recordmydesktop so we can avoid problems with mixed packages

Thanks