[packman] Migration OBS 2.1 -->STATUS<--

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Mon Feb 21 03:23:15 CET 2011

Okay, getting a step further.

The new OBS instance is now fully up and running, including
TLS/HTTPS (it's a CAcert certificate, thanks to Marc!).
The old OBS instance is down, but Detlef keeps a full checkout
of all packages on his FTP server -- prod him on IRC to get the
URL.

Here are the config settings to use in ~/.oscrc:
--->8-------------------------------------
[https://pmbs-api.links2linux.org]
aliases=packman,pm
user=johndoe
pass=......
--->8-------------------------------------
Please make sure to use the hostname as above, and not the IP
address as before, as the TLS certificate is issued for that
host name.

Poke Detlef or me to request a packager account -- as Detlef
wrote, we will NOT migrate them automatically, as there is quite
some dead beef in there. Please request a new one.

The Web frontend is running at http://pmbs.links2linux.org and
https://pmbs.links2linux.org
(needless to say you better use the https:// URL if you want to
authenticate ;))

Note that if your browser does not accept the certificate, it is
because you don't have CAcert as a CA in it.
To add CAcert as a CA, go to
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3
and click the links "Root Certificate (PEM Format)" as well as
"Intermediate Certificate (PEM Format)" (yes, you must add
both to have the chain to pmbs' certificate).

We currently only have one worker host, Detlef will take care of
adding the other hosts tomorrow (or, at least, that's what he
said :)).

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>