[packman] RFC: improve MPlayer build in packman

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kkhere.geo+suse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:31:19 CEST 2011

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> writes:

> Kshitij Kulshreshtha <kkhere.geo at ...> writes:
>
> >     using the attached patch in the MPlayer build on pmbs will not build
> > the internal ffmpeg copy in the MPlayer tree but only use it for
> > internal header-files and will link with the preinstalled ffmpeg
> > libraries from the ffmpeg package.
>
> This would remove some features from MPlayer.

Are you sure? Which features are those? Do they explicitly require static
linking with ffmpeg, instead of just using private header files?

If you look into the patch in my last email, you will notice that all files that
were conditioned on defining FFMPEG_A are still built with this patch using
private header-files from the local copy of ffmpeg, but ffmpeg itself is not
compiled.

Regards.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha