[packman] FFmpeg

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Jun 29 21:42:39 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Manfred Tremmel <manfred at ...> writes:
> > > I would suggest not to use released versions, but to continue
> > >  updating to latest svn whenever new features are available (that
> > >  would be AAC+v2 aka Parametric Stereo atm).
> >
> > It's not easy to keep all programms working with new svn snapshots.
>
> It would be great if you could report such problems: We spend a lot
>  of time trying to avoid them and I don't know of any API regressions
>  / none are reported on roundup.

Ok, I will do when we do have such problems again.

> > Not seldom api changes make it necessary to patch programms. I
> > would be glad to keep 0.6 for a while.
>
> As I said, API did not change for over a year, please report all such
>  problems!

You are right, it's a while ago, I had to write patches.

> > > Consider --disable-libavfilter when building the ffmpeg
> > > executable.
> >
> > avfilter is enabled.
>
> I know, I just wanted to tell you it triggers a few regressions.

ffmpeg2theora 0.6 doesn't compile without, so I desided to enable it.
It's very flexible to enable or disable it by using a option for
rpmbuild.

> > > And btw, the libavfilter summary is wrong and all summaries spell
> > >  FFmpeg wrongly.
> >
> > I'll fix this with the next rebuild. I've named it ffmpeg but
> > rpmlint was not happy with it, so I've replased the first f with a
> > upercase F.
>
> That's why you should use FFmpeg, please!

I've changed it in the spec, with next update, it will be inside. I
don't want to trigger a rebuild with all the dependencies only for a
little typo.

> There may be a misunderstanding: I don't need latest snapshots from
>  packman (I am using daily snapshots), but Packman's users have a
>  right to decode AAC+, imo. ;-)

Ok, let's see. It allways costs time to test and find incompatibilites,
time I do not have at the moment.

> And while you are at it, please remove libfaac from your build, there
>  is a native AAC encoder, and we start to chase license violators.

I've just removed libfaad a view days ago, now also libfaac?
How long will it take, to reduce BuildRequires to gcc and yasm?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/