[packman] Problems with opencv package

Andrea Florio andrea at links2linux.de
Sun Oct 11 01:35:08 CEST 2009

Il 10/10/2009 20:32, Cristian Morales Vega ha scritto:
> Hi, just wanted to note some problems with the opencv package from Packman
> - Latest stable version is 2.0.0, you still package the beta 1.2.0

i didn't check it in last days, let me upgrade it immediatly

> - The package name should be libopencv1_2 instead of libopencv1
> because of the different soname. Anyway the soname changed again with
> the 2.0.0 release and libopencv2 will be ok

right

> - opencv.pc specifies ${exec_prefix}/lib instead of
> ${exec_prefix}/lib64 as libdir in x86-64. There is a similar problem
> with the OpenCVConfig.cmake file.

i got your patch, that will be useful

> - /usr/share/opencv/samples/python provides examples that use the old
> SWIG-based binding, but only the new bindings are provided in
> python-opencv

as non developers i didn't notice that

> - http://license.opensuse.org doesn't liked the "BSD" license. Not
> sure about how to know which exact BSD license opencv uses, but I
> think it is BSD 3-clause or BSD3c.

fixed.

> - Probably the linux-kernel-headers aren't a real BuildRequire?
> libdc1394_control12-devel, libraw1394-devel and OpenEXR-devel probably
> can also be removed (new dc1394 and OpenEXR isn't available in new
> versions). libtool isn't needed since now it uses CMake.

right for libtool, let me check the others before remove them

> - Not sure about this one, but I think it is compiling with options as
> "-mmmx", "-msse", "-msse2", etc. Probably these options should be
> automatically selected based on march so the compatibility is
> guaranteed with all i586/x86_64 machines?

thy should automagically passed to linker when needed.

> - "-DBUILD_EXAMPLES=ON" seems to build binaries that aren't never
> installed/included in any package.

let me check.

> - "-BUILD_SWIG_PYTHON_SUPPORT=ON" misses an "D" between "-" and "B",
> that's why old python bindings aren't included.

that happen when you build packages at 3:00 AM

> - Is "cvconfig.h" really needed??

since some packages (FreeCAD for example) still use it, yes, it's
needed, when them will finally skip it, i will erase that too,

> I'm a CMake newbie, but I have submitted a patch upstream that fixes
> the lib vs lib64 problem:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2876292&group_id=22870&atid=376679
> (your "-DLIB_INSTALL_DIR" doesn't seems to have any effect).

got it, thanks for your help/suggestions/fixes

Andrea
- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea at opensuse.org
Packman Packaging Team