[packman] Request: MakeMKV-Repository for OpenSuse 11.2

David Herman mesamoo115 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 12 15:21:21 CET 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009, Peter Maffay wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> this message has been written in english in order to be
> understandable for as many people as possible. ;)
>
> Recently I´ve been talking to Mr. Chen from the MakeMKV-Team on
> the Doom9-Forums, asking him whether he would support the idea of
> building a repository for MakeMKV for OpenSuse 11.2 (coming out
> tomorrow). He clearly showed sympathy with our idea and told me,
> that he would love to provide additional assistance _if_ your
> team accepts the request.
>
> Woukd you be able to build a repository for MakeMKV found at
> www.MakeMKV.com ?
> If you do, please feel free to get in touch with Mike Chen
> through his web address: mike.chen82 at googlemail.com
>
> THANK YOU for listening to this shoutout.

Hi Peter and all,

I'm not associated w/ the packman team, I just appreciate their
efforts.

I went to the MakeMKV websifte and downloaded the source code for
MakeMKV.
Nowhere on the site could I find any mention of what license is
used. All I see is info about it being a time limited demo.

From looking through the source files I find some evidence that it
may be under a mix of licenses ( lgpl, public domain  etc) It would
be nice if this was more clear.

(I am not a programmer, just looked around at some of the files)
It would be nice to see some clarification on just what the license
is.

See ya

--
dh