[packman] problems with VLC installation on Suse entreprise Desktop edition 10

Susanna Martinelli susanna.martinelli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 02:36:47 CEST 2009

Hi at all.
I've a problem with vlc installation on Suse (as described into object).
It was suggested to me to use packaman repositories for installing vlc. I've
used
this repo: http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/10.3/
So when I try to install vlc (by using Yast2) I get some errors with
conflicts. I choosed to ignore conflicts and go ahead with installation by
the way
when the installation process terminates i try to run vlc and i get this
error:

*vlc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libvlccore.so.0: undefined symbol:
dbus_threads_init_default

*Do you have an idea about the cause?
Thanks

--
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" --
Philip K. Dick