[packman] Funguloids fails to run with openal-soft (default in 11.1)

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 13 19:45:19 CET 2009

openSUSE 11.1 provides both the old openal from http://www.openal.org/
and the new openal-soft from http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html,
but by default uses openal-soft. Because of this funguloids fails to
start.
To fix it the patch from
http://funguloids.sourceforge.net/alc_error.patch needs to be applied.

Also, the package requires Cg, freealut, mad, ogre, ogre-plugin-Cg and openal.
- ogre-plugin-Cg already provides Cg, so directly requiring it only
adds work to zypper.
- The package already requires libalut.so.0, so no need for a freealut
require. Also avoids the posibility of use alternative implementations
of ALUT... even if I don't think they exist.
- There is also a require of libmad.so.0, so no direct mad require is needed.
- There is also a require of libOgreMain-1.6.0.so, so no direct ogre
require is needed.
- There is also a require of libopenal.so.0, so no direct openal
require is needed.
- The OBS Games repo names "ogre-plugin-Cg" as "libogre1_6-plugin-Cg".
No that one is better than the other (I don't think shlib packaging
policy applies to it, even if it applies to ogre itself), but it would
be good if the funguloids from Packman worked with the
libogre1_6-plugin-Cg from Games. CCing Pavol Rusnak since he is the
ogre package bugowner in OBS.
When fixing this note that the ogre-plugin-Cg only provides the
/usr/lib64/OGRE/Plugin_CgProgramManager.so file. Isn't installed in
/usr/lib64/OGRE-1.6 but in /usr/lib64/OGRE... so isn't parallel
installable with other versions anyway.