[packman] gstreamer010-plugins-base problem (was: Re: gstreamer010-plugins-ugly on 11.0/x86_64 broken?)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Sep 9 23:38:44 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 9. September 2008 schrieb Andrés G. Aragoneses:
> Investigating more about this issue I'm having, I have reached a point
> where maybe I have found a problem in a packman package:
> gstreamer010-plugins-base, because I've downloaded totem's SVN version,
> and when running ./autogen.sh I get the following error:
>
> configure: error:
> 	Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'playbin'.				It should be
> part of gst-plugins-base. Please install it.
>
> However, I have the package "gstramer-0_10-plugins-base 0.10.20-42.pm.1
> (x86_64)" already installed successfully in my system (I have already
> tried to reinstall it).
>
> Any ideas about this problem?
we use the packman packages to compile and build all other packages... so the
plugin is not missing :)
a simple rpm -ql or a webpin playbin shows you that it is part of the package.

I guess you must call the configure of totem with some options
(./configure --help is your friend)
Perhaps you look at our totem-src.rpm to see how to configure it properly.

And the configure messages are often misleading, so look at the file
config.log what's really going wrong. The message printed is often hardcoded
and don't explain the real reason of the failure. In the most parts you're
simply mising a devel package and the generated test-programm in the
configure process can't be linked.

> 	Andrés

> > Ok, I've now installed all those packages, and I haven't got anyone from
> > the SUSE repos (except banshee-1-backend-engine-gstreamer, for which I
> > guess there's no replacement), and I still have the same issue:
> > christine works, the others not. Any more ideas?
> >
> > 	Andrés
> >
> > --

have fun
Toni