[packman] Re: [PM] tvbrowser 2.6.3 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Thu Mar 6 18:25:53 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 6. März 2008 schrieb Boris Kirkorowicz:
> Hi,
> I installed tvbrowser on a new OpenSuSE 10.3 and found that it would not
> start. At the start a grey box appears saying (in german):
> "Einrichtungsassistent wird gestartet...", that means in english
> something like "starting settings wizard...". Since there is no close
> box, I have to close this box by pressing [Alt]+[F4] and do the settings
> manually. But everytime tvbrowser starts, I have to close this box again
> until I manually insert
>
> showassistant=false
>
> into ~/.tvbrowser/2.6.3/settings.prop for every user.
>
> This is reproducable, so I guess that there is an error in the rpm package.
:)

I don't think so, its a java and/or (beryl) x-server related "feature".

You can set a environment variable if you use beryl:
# fix beryl bug with java
export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

or as you did already, set the showassistant parameter to false. So this is a
user setup and not package related.....
You can also call tvbrowser.sh in a console and see if there are some
messages.

A second open question, which java version do you use ?
Is it a original SuSE package or the package from the Sun Homepage ?

--
have fun
Toni