[packman] [PM] lxdvdrip 1.71-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64) issue

Terje J. Hanssen nteknikk at monet.no
Tue Dec 30 21:00:38 CET 2008

Hello again,

I tried to 'lxdvdrip -st=copy' on a 9.5GB music-DVD-ROM to a 4.7GB
DVD+RW , but this didn't succeed.
While  'tmp' contained 28 .vob files of 5GB, the 'tmp-dvd' contained
only the first, single .VOB' file of 3.6MB.
I looked like the process was broken before the 'tmp-dvd' was finished?

The 'dvd+rw-format' and 'growisofs' did neither start atomatically for
one of two reasons I think: openSUSE 11.1 didn't have any
'/dev/dvdrecorder' or the BD/DVD/CD writer was busy (locked with an open
Nero Process). I manually changed this to '/dev/dvd' and got 'tmp-dvd'
written to the disk manually. See the attached terminal output dialog.

So to my Audio question:
Is it possible to use 'lxdvdrip to extract the audio tracks from a
music-DVD and create .wav or mp3 files for CD burning?
See also the similar feature for the related 'dvd::rip'
http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/doc/gui-gui_transcode.cipp#gui_create_wav

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen