[packman] [PM] lxdvdrip 1.71-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64) issue

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Dec 30 21:54:56 CET 2008

Am Dienstag 30 Dezember 2008 schrieb Terje J. Hanssen:

> I tried to 'lxdvdrip -st=copy' on a 9.5GB music-DVD-ROM to a 4.7GB
> DVD+RW , but this didn't succeed.
> While  'tmp' contained 28 .vob files of 5GB, the 'tmp-dvd' contained
> only the first, single .VOB' file of 3.6MB.
> I looked like the process was broken before the 'tmp-dvd' was
> finished?
>
> The 'dvd+rw-format' and 'growisofs' did neither start atomatically
> for one of two reasons I think: openSUSE 11.1 didn't have any
> '/dev/dvdrecorder' or the BD/DVD/CD writer was busy (locked with an
> open Nero Process). I manually changed this to '/dev/dvd' and got
> 'tmp-dvd' written to the disk manually. See the attached terminal
> output dialog.

The only error I've found in the logfile was:

STAT: fixed 35 VOBUS
dvdauthor.xml:87: parser error : error parsing attribute name
 <stream mode="letterbox" id="1"/>
 ^
dvdauthor.xml:87: parser error : attributes construct error
 <stream mode="letterbox" id="1"/>
 ^
dvdauthor.xml:87: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag stream
 <stream mode="letterbox" id="1"/>
 ^
ERR:  Error in parsing XML

Looks like the generated XML-File doesn't work with dvdauthor. Sorry,
I'm no expert in using dvdauthor. Maybe you can contact the author...

> So to my Audio question:
> Is it possible to use 'lxdvdrip to extract the audio tracks from a
> music-DVD and create .wav or mp3 files for CD burning?

I don't know.

> See also the similar feature for the related 'dvd::rip'
> http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/doc/gui-gui_transcode.cipp#gui_create_wav

Why not using dvdrip?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/