[packman] Re: [PM] ffmpeg 0.4.9 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Apr 1 20:26:47 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 1. April 2008 schrieb A. J. Clark:

> I wonder if I'm unique, since I haven't seen any reference to this
> problem anywhere - but I believe that pretty much everything I have
> installed that relies on ffmpeg for video export has problems.
>
> I've installed things like kdenlive and cinelerra from the packman
> repository, and am running opensuse 10.3 i386 on an intel core2
> duo-based laptop which is fully up to date.

Hm, cinelerra and kdenlive don't depend on ffmpeg or libffmpeg0 (or one
of the included libs libavcodec.so.51, libavdevice.so.52,
libavformat.so.52, libavutil.so.49, libpostproc.so.51 or
libswscale.so.0), so I can't see, how this problems could depend on the
ffmpeg update.

> It seems that all software that relies on ffmpeg is having major
> problems with video export - I've tried numerous formats in kdenlive
> and the videos come out stretched (depending on the export settings)
> with audio sync and jitter issues. I've tried numerous formats out of
> cinelerra and I get the same kind of results.

Tell me, which software has the problems and depends on ffmpeg and I
will take a look on it. kdenlive and cinelerra do not.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/