[packman] Re: [PM] transcode 1.0.4 (openSUSE 10.3/ppc)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Wed Oct 17 20:21:58 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 schrieb Peter Czanik:
> Manfred Tremmel wrote:
> >> Did you check my PPC packages? :-)
> >
> > Not yet, but I'll do as soon, as my time allows it. I've allready
> > take a look into your directory and it looks like there are most
> > packages I need myselve.
>
> Which packages do you miss?

First of all baghira. It's a Mac and it shoud look like a Mac, even if
it's Linux running on it ;-) I don't like all the themes, delivered
with openSUSE. The other thing is kaffeine, ok, the "can't play DVD's"
patch doesn't matter on this PowerBook, it's even a little bit to slow
for SVCD's (no Problems with VCD's or Xvid up to 500x300), so I will
not try to include a DVD drive.

> > I'll add my giant resources of 266 MHz G3 power, so this shouldn't
> > be a problem in the future ;-)
>
> I try to put my hands on a POWER5 server, that would increase build
> capacity a bit :)

It's only a question of runtime. It's taken me moth to recompile SUSE
8.2 on my PowerBook, but it worked (and there are even two DVDs lying
arround with all the packages).

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/