[packman] [PM] smplayer-beta 0.5.61 (openSUSE 10.3/x86_64)

William Pfeffer b_pfeffer at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 22:05:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

When i run your rpm I get a segmentation fault and the same happens if I
dl and rebuild your src.rpm. But if I dl the tar file
http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/smplayer/smplayer-0.5.61.tar.bz2
and compile it it runs fine.

Now I really don't know much about building programs but I'm starting to
think  my issues with make and qmake and which version my Suse is actually
using.I had this with qps where Suse defaults to qmake v4 and it seg
faulted but when I forced qmake v3 it worked fine. With smplayer my make
defaults to v3 and using it with the tar compiles and runs fine (I'm
guessing your's uses make v4)

Maybe I'm missing some qt4 rpm's or my paths are messed up and that's
what's causing  the problem but I thought you all might be interested in
my experience as I might not be unique.

regards,