[packman] gstreamer*: Packman shuts down freshly installed OpenSUSE 10.3

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Oct 5 23:06:51 CEST 2007

Am Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
> Toni wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
> > > It is caused by the fact, that 10.3 no more refers to /opt/gnome and
> > > any library installed there is invisible for the system unless you
> > > install opt_gnome-compat. And even if you install it, you could have
> > > problems with libtool, which is not move-prone.
> >
> > which packages ? exact names AND version/release-numbers
> > error messages ?
>
> Gnome-settings-daemon failed. Clock applet failed. ...
>
> All fail on the same problem:
> libgstreamer-0.10.so.0 not found.
I'm using:
%if %suse_version >= 1030
%define _prefix			/usr
%else
%define _prefix			/opt/gnome
%endif

so I think my gstreamer is installed in /usr for 10.3, see also the output
from the examples...

the only one was gstreamer010-libschroeder and gstreamer010-fluendo-mpegmux,
and those two where fixed today.

> After adding Packman, gstreamer libraries are moved to /opt/gnome. It's
> OK for RPM solver, but fatal for glibc - glibc in 10.3 does not search
> for libraries in /opt/gnome/lib.
>
> > > Second problem are too strict requirements in 10.3 gstreamer packages,
> > > which cause conflicts in requirements. To replace all 10.3 packages by
> > > a simple update, all of them must have higher version or at least
> > > release.
> >
> > I don't hunt suse-release-numbers...
> >
> > If you can't provide more informations about that problem, I can't help
> > or even try to solve this ...
>
> The problem is the fact, that each 10.3 gstreamer010-plugins-* RPM
> package requires exact version of gstreamer - the one it was compiled
> with.

> It means, that you cannot update gstreamer010 without breaking RPM
> dependencies of gstreamer010-plugins-* packages - you must update the
> whole gstreamer set at once.
that's exactly what I want. All gstreamer010 packages from packman or
nothing :)

> It is easy to do, only if all Packman version-release numbers are higher
> than SuSE ones.
ok, this can be done after you proved that pm related packages are the "bad
boy"

only as an example:
rpm -qlp repos/packman/openSUSE/10.3/i586/gstreamer010-0.10.14-0.pm.2.i586.rpm
/usr/bin/gst-feedback
/usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.10
/usr/bin/gst-inspect
/usr/bin/gst-inspect-0.10
/usr/bin/gst-launch
/usr/bin/gst-launch-0.10
second example:
rpm -qlp
repos/packman/openSUSE/10.3/i586/gstreamer010-plugins-bad-0.10.5-0.pm.4.i586.rpm
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstalsaspdif.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstamrwb.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstapp.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstbayer.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstbz2.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcdaudio.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstcdxaparse.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeinterlace.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdfbvideosink.so
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdtsdec.so

so please deliver the exact package names and version ...

have fun
Toni