[packman] Re: [PM] last-exit 4.0 (openSUSE 10.2/x86_64)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Mar 30 13:14:23 CEST 2007

<snip>

> In fact, the file libX11.so is only present in the libX11 devel packages
> for ALL architectures. This means last-exit won't start even on 586 if
> this package is not installed, and it is not present in opensuse default
> installation.
>
> A (pretty bad) solution would be to put the libX11 devel package in
> last-exit dependencies. Another (maybe better) solution would be to
> check for libX11.so.6 (installed on opensuse default installation)
> rather than libX11.so.
this is a "problem" of mono.
you find often statements like  [DllImport("libX11")] which leads to a
libX11.so ...
the proposed solution on their mailinglist is to change the /etc/mono/config
file with a proper mapping for such libs:
<dllmap dll="libX11" target="libX11.so"/>
should be
<dllmap dll="libX11" target="libX11.so.6.2"/>

anyway I uploaded a new package. Please give it a try.

have fun
Toni