[packman] [PM] vlc 0.8.6c

Dominique Leuenberger Dominique.Leuenberger at TMF-Group.com
Tue Jun 26 09:16:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

I write to you as the Package maintainer of VLC, associated to the VLC project directly.

I was wondering if you think it's useful to have the VLC in the PM repos, as the VLC project maintains a complete repo by themself and it looks a bit like somebody is wasting energy.
In plus, I'm not sure about your packages, lately in the VLC forum there are many times reports about broken VLC and almost all the time it was stripped down to the PM version; after suggesting the users to take the VLC from the VLC repo, their problems vanished. Can we try somehow to coordinate our work? Or what are your thoughts about this situation?

Best regards,
Dominique

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 72 offices in 56 countries and over 2,000 professionals (February 2007). TMF is expanding rapidly throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its receipt.  This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.