[packman] Re: [Jackit-devel] jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Mon Feb 19 17:55:53 CET 2007

Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 schrieb Stéphane Letz:
> Le 19 févr. 07 à 16:52, Norbert Schmidt a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > no client can connect to jackdmp:
> >

> > On suse-10.2 I installed jackdmp-0.62-0.pm.1.i586.rpm (from
> > packman.links2linux.de)
> >
> > Libs are linked right (jack-0.102.20-42.pm.1.i586.rpm was installed
> > before)
> > and I can run
> >
> >> jackdmp -R -p128 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2
> >
> > jackdmp 0.62
> > Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> > Copyright 2004-2007 Grame.
> > jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> > This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> > under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> > playback device hw:0
> > capture device hw:0
> > apparent rate = 44100
> > frames per period = 1024
> > control device hw:0
> > ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
> > ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> > ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
> > ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> >

> > but after that starting ardour (and others) gives at the end:

> > arg 0 jackdmp
> > arg 1 -R
> > arg 2 -S
> > arg 3 -v
> > arg 4 -d
> > arg 5 portaudio
> > arg 6 -p
> > arg 7 512
> > jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'
>
> It seems you have a installation problem:
>
> - where is located regular jackd? (/usr/ or /usr/local)
on SuSE it is located in /usr

> - jackdmp install script tries to override the existing jackd
> installation so that clients can still use libjack.so to acess the
> server. By default jackdmp install itself in /usr/local/xxx and tries
> to override jackd also installed in /usr/local/xxx.
>
> - if jackd was installed in /usr, then try to compile jackdmp with
> prefix= /usr (edit the Makefile) and install again.
my package installs jackdmp in /usr. So a recompile is necessary.
The "normal" jacklibs are saved and replaced by the jackdmp libs.

The jackd from packman is compiled with portaudio features, the most other
programs from packman too. So I think you're missing portaudio18 or portaudio
on your system.

> > What is wrong here? It would be nice if you could help, cause
> > jackdmp seems
> > to be the only way to go on a turion x2.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Norbert
> >
> > Maybe important: In order to have jackd running again I have to
> > uninstall
> >
> > jackdmp, otherwise I get:
> >> jackd -R -p128 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2
> >
> > jackd: symbol lookup error: jackd: undefined symbol:
> > _jack_get_microseconds
yes, jackdmp is a replacement for jackd (same interface etc...)
if you uninstall jackdmp the original jack-libs are restored.

have fun Toni