[packman] Re: [Jackit-devel] jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Mon Feb 19 17:29:49 CET 2007

Le 19 févr. 07 à 16:52, Norbert Schmidt a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> no client can connect to jackdmp:
>

> On suse-10.2 I installed jackdmp-0.62-0.pm.1.i586.rpm (from
> packman.links2linux.de)
>
> Libs are linked right (jack-0.102.20-42.pm.1.i586.rpm was installed
> before)
> and I can run
>
>> jackdmp -R -p128 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2
> jackdmp 0.62
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2007 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> playback device hw:0
> capture device hw:0
> apparent rate = 44100
> frames per period = 1024
> control device hw:0
> ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
>

> but after that starting ardour (and others) gives at the end:

> arg 0 jackdmp
> arg 1 -R
> arg 2 -S
> arg 3 -v
> arg 4 -d
> arg 5 portaudio
> arg 6 -p
> arg 7 512
> jackdmp: unknown driver 'portaudio'

It seems you have a installation problem:

- where is located regular jackd? (/usr/ or /usr/local)

- jackdmp install script tries to override the existing jackd
installation so that clients can still use libjack.so to acess the
server. By default jackdmp install itself in /usr/local/xxx and tries
to override jackd also installed in /usr/local/xxx.

- if jackd was installed in /usr, then try to compile jackdmp with
prefix= /usr (edit the Makefile) and install again.

Regards

Stephane