[packman] Re: [PM] Cg 2.0_0712 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat Dec 22 17:22:48 CET 2007

Am Samstag, 22. Dezember 2007 schrieb Matt Williams:
> Hi Toni,
>
> I've been using your Cg package for a while now and I very much appreciate
> the work you did for it. However, as of openSUSE 10.3, there is a Cg
> package provided in the NON-OSS official repository. Now, the version
> you're providing is much newer and the official package will likely not be
> updated until openSUSE 11.0 but the names for the package you are providing
> is different. You're package is called 'Cg' and the NON-OSS one is 'cg'. As
> such, all the packages in the buildservice are depending on 'cg' and the
> all the packman packages are depending on 'Cg'. This makes it difficult for
> people to update their version of Cg.
no, not at all..
my package is providing the required Provides and Obsoletes statements..
%if %suse_version >= 1030
Obsoletes: cg = 1.5-40
Provides:	 cg <= 1.5-40
%endif

my package is named according the name of the tar.bz2
my package is needed for a lot of packman packages, and we build only against
packman and/or original SuSE packages, this is our policy.

> Would it be possible to rename your package to 'cg' like the one in NON-OSS
> so that more people may take advantage of your package?
no, as a lot of my and other packman packages depends on my Cg package ..
sorry, but this is a work I won't do. Especially a lot of games and graphic
programs depend on this package, and I provide this package since my start as
a packager for SuSE (formerly repository suser-oc2pus) with this name.
Simply change the packagename in the build-service...

> Many thanks,
> Matt Williams
> http://milliams.com
have fun