[packman] pulseaudio

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at novell.com
Tue Dec 11 23:22:01 CET 2007

Hi

In the last few weeks, we (the opensuse-gnome team) have been packaging
PulseAudio and related packages, which you can find at:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rodrigomoya:/pulseaudio/

Since you are also packaging PA, I guess we should try to coordinate,
since I have submitted the new packages (pulseaudio, pa*,
gstreamer010-pulse, libflashsupport) today into FACTORY, and I'm
starting to send the patches for the other packages (alsa* and glibc
mainly) to the opensuse maintainers of those packages. Our packages were
mainly based on Fedora's, since we knew it was well integrated there, so
we took their patches and setup, but there are still some issues to be
solved which, maybe, you have (or are thinking about) already fixed.

I just started looking at packman packages, but since I am not an expert
at all on Pulseaudio, I'd appreciate if you could have a look at the
packages in the link above and see what's missing/wrong and what we
should be merging from your packages.

Also, we didn't get much testing on our packages, so found very few
problems given it worked pretty well for the 3 developers involved, so,
what issues are you aware of with Pulseaudio in suse?

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at novell.com>