[packman] Re: [PM] pioneers 0.11.3 (openSUSE 10.3/x86_64)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Dec 9 23:31:33 CET 2007

Am Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2007 schrieb Roland Clobus:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a developer for Pioneers, which you have packaged for openSUSE in
> the packman repository. A user pointed me to this repository. Thank you
> for providing Pioneers in openSUSE.
>
> Can I add a link to http://packman.links2linux.de/package/pioneers (with
> the packages names and your name) on the homepage of Pioneers
> (http://pio.sf.net) ?
yes you can do this :)
a link to our page is sufficient, we are a team.

> I've downloaded openSUSE 10.3 to test the package, and I noted that the
> inline help does not work, because yelp is not installed.
> When I wanted to install yelp I got (too?) many packages as dependency,
> even gnome-desktop (I am running fvwm).
yes, it pulls in half gnome ... thats the reason I let the user decide to have
help with yelp or read the manual etc online on your homepage.

> Could you add yelp as a dependency for pioneers, or else run ./configure
> with '--without-help' (as that would remove the 'Help' menu item in the
> client)? Or could another help-browser be used? (I could generate html
> pages with the help).
yes, html would be great so every browser can be used and I could use a
special tag for "web_browser" as dependency and this is satisfied by
konqueror, firefox, opera, ...

In the next build I can use the option --without-help. But I would prefer a
solution with the html-pages

> Regards,
> Roland Clobus
> Developer for Pioneers