[packman] Re: [PM] JBidWatcher 1.0.2 (openSUSE 10.2/noarch)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Aug 12 14:28:11 CEST 2007

Am Sonntag, 12. August 2007 schrieb William Pfeffer:
> Mornining - FYI though JbidWatcher package is "noarch" there is a
> dependency for jdic for which no 64bit rpm's currently exist
noarch packages off course can depend on i586 packages.... so that's no
problem at all.
There is currently no jdic-package for 64bit in our repository, (AFAIR, we
can't compile it ..., we are working on it).
But you don't need jdic (its only a run-time dependency for the systray
feature of JBidWatcher) for running JBidWatcher.

> Also, I've installed jre-6-linux-amd64.rpm from SUN for my Java
> environment and your rpm's don't acknowledge it when determining if
> dependency requirements are met
my package is looking for a package providing "Java". If you install "foreign"
packages from other sites, and if they don't provide the correct features,
you're alone with your installation. Sorry, but this is a SuSE package and
it's requires are defined for SuSE-packages only. And SuSE is providing only
java-1_5_0-* or java-1_4_0-* at the moment.

> regards, and thanks for the rpms
have fun
Toni