[packman] normalize rpm building problem

Henne Vogelsang hvogel at hennevogel.de
Thu Mar 23 12:15:16 CET 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday, March 21, 2006 at 22:03:31, Peter Czanik wrote:

> I just compiled normalize on 10.0 PPC and have the following problem:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /var/tmp/normalize-0.7.7-build
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/lib/xmms/Effect/librva.la
>    /usr/lib/xmms/Effect/librva.so
> Adding /usr/lib/xmms/Effect/* to %files solved my immediate problem, but
> I'm not sure, if it's the right solution... Bye,

You see thats one problem with simply using rpmbuild on your machine.
You most likely have xmms-devel installed from some other build,
configure detects it and builds the xmms plugin. The build becomes not
reproduceable...

I just added xmms-devel to the BuildRequires and created a subpackage
xmms-plugins-normalize. Will release this later.

Please, please consider using some buildtool!

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang,      http://hennevogel.de
"To die. In the rain. Alone."