[packman] Re: [opensuse] packman for PPC

Peter Czanik pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Fri Sep 23 19:26:48 CEST 2005

Hello,

Henne Vogelsang wrote:

>We "just" need ppc build power. Everything else should be no real
>problem. contact packman at links2linux.de if youre interested and youre
>able to use y2pmbuild.

OK. Here is my first try: ftp://spike.fa.gau.hu/pub/pmppc/

It's far from complete, as I got tired from creating all the necessary
'-devel' packages (full PPC distro is only available 6th October), and
I'm not a programmer to fix broken altivec optimalisations.

I have compiled:
- libxine1
- xine-ui
- kaffeine
- libdvdcss2 (as far as I know, it's legal to put it on-line here in
Hungary, but I still have to consult a lawyer ;-) ).
- vobcopy
( and some others, to get these running).
This is enough to play any mp3/divx/dvd.

I used y2pmbuild-10.0 for building all of the packages. I had to modify
some spec files with some additional BuildRequires lines, I can send you
the changes, if you are interested (and it was not becouse of my error,
but in this case, please explain it ;-) ).

If you add the above mentioned URL as installation source, it complains
that product info is missing, but it works anyway.

Please provide me with some feedback: if they work for you, if I made
any mistakes in packaging, etc. It's the first time, that I used
y2pmbuild, and the first time, that looked at a spec file in 5-6 years ;-)

Bye,
Peter

Ps: I used the fixed vobcopy (thanks Christoph)

Ps2: it's not long, so I add it here:

I added this line to xine-ui.spec:
BuildRequires:          libxine1 libxine1-devel libpng libpng-devel
update-desktop-files aalib aalib-devel curl-devel libcaca-devel
readline-devel caca-utils slang slang-devel pkgconfig

And these lines to kaffeine.spec:
BuildRequires:  libxine1
BuildRequires:  libxine1-devel
BuildRequires:  kdebase3-devel