[packman] Dead link and apt problem

Esa Aho esa.aho at pp3.inet.fi
Wed Nov 2 14:11:42 CET 2005

Hello,

Item 1: The link to http://www.suse.m-st.net/index.html on your German
FAQ page is dead.

Item 2: I am using APT. I added packman to my /etc/apt/sources.list and
imported the gpg keys. I ran 'apt update' and then 'apt upgrade'.
Several packages are marked for update and they are downloaded only to
fail with incorrect gpg key. The error message ends with:

NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#5277a2fa)

When I look into public-keys.asc, there is:

gpg: key 5277A2FA: "Manfred Tremmel <Manfred.Tremmel at iiv.de>"

I am not too bright with this stuff but it appears that the key fails to
check because of a uppercase/lowercase difference. I tried to look into
various forums to find something about it but no joy. This is probably
just something I have stupdily overlooked. I am sorry for wasting your
time, but could you please give a hint on how I could get this working?

MfG, Esa Aho

Oh, BTW my OS: Suse 10.0-Eval on i586.