[packman] VLC Packages for SuSE 9.3

Troels Just tsuroerusu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:01:43 CEST 2005

Hey PackMan.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for making my SuSE-Life eaisier with
the RPM packages you've made, especially the ones for MPlayer I really
apreciate.

I have a little request for you, I've been looking for a video player
frontend where it's easy to switch between audio track with the Matroska
format (Like a movie with both english and japanese sound streams), but
I can't seem to find one for MPlayer, I've come to find out that VLC
actually does the trick quite well, so I tried to compile it myself, but
when I try to play a video it lags like madness and sounds like
something just crashed.

Since Novell pretty much stripped every single component in SuSE 9.3 of
any sort of multimedia support that would be legally questionable, I'd
really apreciate if you would update your VLC packages for SuSE 9.3

Once again, thanks for all the exellenct RPM packages! :-) 8-) ;-)

 - Troels Just, Denmark.