[packman] obs-studio (openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64) fails to start

Konstantinos Sk kostas.g.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:10:16 CET 2024

> > Hello,
> >
> > Apologies for sending an email if it is not the appropriate way of
> > reporting bugs, I am very knew to all of this.
> >
> > OpenSUSE Tumbleweed had a recent update on qt6 that broke obs-studio.
> > Whenever I try to start it, it closes itself. Running it from the
> terminal
> > results in this error:
> >
> > obs: symbol lookup error: obs: undefined symbol:
> > _Zls6QDebugRK11QDockWidget, version Qt_6
> >
> > I was told to report it to the packman packagers.
> No problem with my own obs-studio package.
> Runs without problems under Leap and also under Tumbleweed.
> Regards
> Eric

Hello,

I tried a clean installation of the latest snapshot (20240226) and
installed obs-studio using the method described in obs-studio's github wiki
<https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/unofficial-linux-builds#opensuse>.
I still receive the same error and I am not the only one as I found this
bug report
<https://www.mail-archive.com/packman@links2linux.de/msg13103.html> as
well. Qt6 broke ABI compatibility and then brought it back again so
re-building obs-studio with latest version seems to be the solution (that's
how every other distro fixed it).

Best regards,