[packman] Kodi stop launching

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Mon Apr 15 13:05:43 CEST 2024

Hi Masaru,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2024, 12:57:21 +0200, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are you a maintainer, Manfred?

Yes, Sagi and I do the work on Kodi and its addons.

> Anyway,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [packman] Kodi stop launching
>   Date & Time: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 12:24:30 +0200
>
> [MH] == Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net> has written:
>
> [...]
>
> MN>  > What's the result of 'rpm -q libass9"?
>
> MH>  on Leap 15.5 libass9 must be installed from the same repository as kodi.
> MH>  Please take a look at the following thread
>
> The error message Thomas got was related to libass9. I checked and
> found that libass9 was updated on April 6, but I thought Thomas might
> not have updated it, so I asked him about it.

It won't get updated unless you explicitly force zypper to do so
(--allow-vendor-change).

> MH>  It may happen that your audio won't work afterwards; this is caused by a
> MH>  missing package "pipewire-pulseaudio" which doesn't get installed on
> MH>  Leap by default. I have documented all the potential caveats in the
> MH>  above thread.
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't understand what you are trying to say.
> I thought libass had nothing to do with audio.

Correct, but when the libass problem is solved, sound won't work :(
Remember the thread we had with Eric last week?

> Besides, I am a Tumbleweed user.

I test the stuff on Leap and Tumbleweed.

> Best Regards & Good Night.

Have a good one!

Cheers.

l8er